Mentors and facilitators for learning and growth
Teaching is a heart-based profession.
Rudolf Steiner put it best--
"You will not be good teachers if you focus only on what you do and not upon who you are."
So who are WonderTree educators?
WonderTree educators are inspired professionals. They do not teach, instead they ignite a child's imagination and instill in them a love of learning. They view education as the lighting of a fire, rather than the filling of a pail.
They are independent lifelong learners. They are self-reflective and always seeking ways to improve their personal and professional development and growth.
They are collaborators. WonderTree educators work together, seeing each other as peers from whom they can actively learn. At WonderTree, educators often engage in shadow teaching, where educators observe one another's classes and learn from one another as a form of on-site professional development.
They are role models. WonderTree educators demonstrate practical, respectful behavior for learners while embodying the WonderTree values of integral, sustainable and innovative in both their professional and personal lives.
How do WonderTree educators inspire our learners?
• Facilitate a positive and effective learning environment
• Observe learners’ interests and abilities
• Connect learners' discoveries to other fields of knowledge
• Turn children's play activities into valuable learning experiences
• Mentor rather than teach
• Guide rather than direct
• Show and engage rather than tell
• See children as independent and active learners
• Give children the time and space to unfold their potential
• Nurture co-learners’ innate capabilities and expand their intelligence with love and care
• Support and guide learners as they grow, develop, and explore
• Provide personalized learning experiences
• Pose powerful questions to inspire the learning process
• Listen to, evaluate, reflect upon and learn from children and their experiences